Internship Position Description:
Our goal is to provide interns with hands-on experience in a variety of television production scenarios. At the end of this internship, interns will have an improved working knowledge of video production and television production facilities, and will even have finished videos to add to their reel. WCTV interns are trained on our gear as they assist in production and television operations. This may include using the studio (studio cameras, lighting, and teleprompter), control room (switcher, character generator, audio mixer), field cameras, tripods, wireless microphones and Final Cut Pro editing program. Once trained, interns assist WCTV volunteer members in the production of their specific programs. Interns will also be responsible for shooting, editing and producing original content for the station. Interns will learn state of the art server based broadcasting technologies and field production equipment and be an integral part of WCTV team. Those interested in community technology, broadcast engineering, and community media who are looking for real world experience in a dynamic organization are encouraged to apply.
- Must be a currently enrolled student.
- All internships must be officially cleared with the educational institution and be for credit.
- All internships must have an assigned advisor from the institution.
- Interns should have an interest in broadcast production, editing, journalism and/or web production.
- Interns must have the ability to work independently.
- Interns must exhibit excellent communication skills.
- Assist Volunteers and Community Groups in their Productions
- Help maintain the Community Bulletin Board
- Make DVD Copies of the Programs
- Edit Episodes
- Make Graphics for Shows
- Create an Original Special or Show
Compensation: Unpaid, for Credit Only Hours: 10 – 20 Hours a Week, Flexible Schedule
Internship Supervisor Contact Information:
Kelly McLaughlin, WCTV Coordinator
Phone: 603-434-0300 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday - Friday
8:00AM - 4:00PM
and by appointment
Note: The studio may be closed during office hours if the coordinator is filming on location. Please call ahead before you visit.